Use code:  VET4FREE to chat to a vet for FREE.

PocketVet Blog

Why Is Permethrin Toxic To Cats?

Permethrin is a commonly used insecticide in dog-only flea control products such as spot-ons, sprays, collars and shampoos.

Read this post

A Guide To Paracetamol Toxicity In Cats

Paracetamol is extremely toxic to cats and should never be given to treat pain in cats – it will do far more harm than good.

Read this post

A Guide To Onion & Garlic Toxicity in Pets

Onions and other members of the allium family, such as garlic, leeks and chives contain chemicals that are toxic to dogs.

Read this post

A Guide To NSAID Toxicity In Pets

Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are a very common class of pain relief medications that include ibuprofen, aspirin and naproxen.

Read this post

A Guide To Chocolate Toxicity in Dogs

Chocolate toxicity is very common, and vets see many cases each year, with inevitable peaks at Easter and Christmas.

Read this post

Guide to Blue-green Algae Toxicity in Dogs

Despite the name, blue-green algae is not actually algae at all, but is the name given to a group of bacteria (cyanobacteria) that can be found in stagnant water.

Read this post

A Guide To Vomiting In Dogs

Vomiting is extremely common in dogs and has many different causes.

Read this post

Can Dogs Suffer Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)?

Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common in dogs and they make it painful for them to pass urine.

Read this post

A Guide To Urinary Incontinence in Dogs

Urinary incontinence is characterised by the loss of voluntary control over urination, resulting in leakage, particularly when the dog is lying down.

Read this post

A Guide To Urethral Obstruction in Cats

Urethral obstruction, or a blocked bladder, is a life-threatening emergency where there is a blockage of the lower portion of the urinary tract (the urethra).

Read this post

A Guide To Toxoplasmosis in Cats

Toxoplasmosis is a disease caused by a single-celled parasite called Toxoplasma gondii.

Read this post

What is Bumblefoot / Pododermatitis in Rabbits & Guinea Pigs?

Bumblefoot (also known as sore hocks or pododermatitis) is a fairly common problem for rabbits and guinea pigs.

Read this post

Chat to a vet for only £14.99

Background